回主页
皮皮阅读 · 园丁集中英文对照
目录
位置:主页 > 图书读物 > 世界名著 > 园丁集中英文对照 >

4

发布时间:2023-03-10 10:30:33

【上一页】 【回目录】 【下一页】

4

Ah me, why did they build my house by the road to the market town?

我真烦,为什么他们把我的房子盖在通向市镇的路边呢?

They moor their laden boats near my trees.

他们把满载的船只拴在我的树上。

They come and go and wander at their will.

他们任意地来去游逛。

I sit and watch them; my time wears on.

我坐着看着他们,光阴都消磨了。

Turn them away I cannot. And thus my days pass by.

我不能回绝他们。这样我的日子便过去了。

Night and day their steps sound by my door.

日日夜夜他们的足音在我门前震荡。

Vainly I cry, "I do not know you."

我徒然地叫道:"我不认识你们。"

Some of them are known to my fingers, some to my nostrils, the blood in my veins seems to know them, and some are known to my dreams.

有些人是我的手指所认识的,有些人是我的鼻官所认识的,我脉管中的血液似乎认得他们,有些人是我的魂梦所认识的。

Turn them away I cannot. I call them and say, "Come to my house whoever chooses. Yes, come."

我不能回绝他们。我呼唤他们说:"谁愿意到我房子里来就请来吧。对了,来吧。"

In the morning the bell rings in the temple.

清晨,庙里的钟声敲起。

They came with baskets in their hands.

他们提着筐子来了。

Their feet are rosy-red. The early light of dawn is on their faces.

他们的脚像玫瑰般红。熹微的晨光照在他们脸上。

Turn them away I cannot. I call them and I say, "Come to my garden to gather flowers. Come hither."

我不能回绝他们。我呼唤他们说:"到我园里来采花吧。到这里来吧。"

In the mid-day the gong sounds at the palace gate.

中午,锣声在庙殿门前敲起。

I know not why they leave their work and linger near my hedge.

我不知道他们为什么放下工作在我篱畔流连。

The flowers in their hair are pale and faded; the notes are languid in their flutes.

他们发上的花朵已经褪色枯萎了,他们横笛里的音调也显得乏倦。

Turn them away I cannot. I call them and say, "The shade is cool under my trees. Come, friends."

我不能回绝他们。我呼唤他们说:"我的树荫下是凉爽的。来吧,朋友们。"

At night the crickets chirp in the woods.

夜里蟋蟀在林中唧唧地叫。

Who is it that comes slowly to my door and gently knocks?

是谁慢慢地来到我的门前轻轻地敲叩?

I vaguely see the face, not a word is spoken, the stillness of the sky is all around.

我模糊地看到他的脸,他一句话也没说,四围是天空的静默。

Turn away my silent guest I cannot. I look at the face through the dark, and hours of dreams pass by.

我不能回绝我的沉默的客人。我从黑暗中望着他的险,梦幻的时间过去了。

【上一页】 【回目录】 【下一页】

推荐阅读

·荷马史诗 ·外国名诗 ·外国情诗精选 ·伊索寓言 ·侦探推理短篇小说 ·外国短篇小说 ·莎士比亚 ·高尔基作品集 ·儒勒·凡尔纳 ·狄更斯
课外书|读后感|话题作文|作文素材|专题作文|单元作文|英语作文|首页