*07.EEB
第七首
The face of all the world is changed, I think,
全世界的面目,我想,忽然改变了,
Since first I heard of the footsteps of thy soul
自从我第一次在心灵上听到你的步子
Move still, oh, still, beside me, as they stole
轻轻、轻轻,来到我身旁--穿过我和
betwixt me and the dreadful outer brink
死亡的边缘:那幽微的间隙。站在
Of obvious death, where I, who thought to sink,
那里的我,只道这一回该倒下了,
Was caught up into love, and taught the whole
却不料被十爱十救起,还教给一曲
Of life in a new rhythm. The cup of dole
生命的新歌。上帝赐我洗礼的
God ga十ve for baptism, I am fain to drink,
那一杯苦酒,我甘愿饮下,赞美它
And praise its sweetness, Sweet, with thee anear.
甜蜜--甜蜜的,如果有你在我身旁。
The names of a country, hea十ven, are changed away
天国和人间,将因为你的存在
For where thou art or shalt be, there or here;
而更改模样;而这曲歌,这支笛,
And this ... this lute and song ... loved yesterday
昨日里给十爱十着,还让人感到亲切,
( The singing angels know ) are only dear
那歌唱的天使知道,就因为
Because thy name moves right in what they say.
一声声都有你的名字在荡漾。