回主页
皮皮阅读 · 海底两万里英文版
目录
位置:主页 > 图书读物 > 世界名著英文版 > 海底两万里英文版 >

6 开足马力(12)

发布时间:2021-07-01 10:15:52

【上一页】 【回目录】 【下一页】

Infuriated, Commander Farragut kept twisting the thick tuft of hair that flourished below his chin. 法拉古舰长心里很烦躁,拈着那下巴下面蓬蓬的一撮浓须。

Ned Land! he called.

尼德·兰呢?他喊。

The Canadian reported at once.

加拿大人跑到前面来。

Well, Mr. Land, the commander asked, do you still advise putting my longboats to sea?

好,尼德·兰师傅,他问,现在您看是不是还要把小船放下海去?

No, sir, Ned Land replied, because that beast won't be caught against its will.

先生,不,尼德·兰答,因为这个东西是不让人捕捉的,除非它出于自愿。

Then what should we do?

那怎么办呢?

Stoke up more steam, sir, if you can.

先生,尽可能加大气力。

As for me, with your permission I'll go perch on the bobstays under the bowsprit, and if we can get within a harpoon length, I'll harpoon the brute.

我自己,当然先要得到您的允许,我在船头前桅的绳梯上守着,等我们到了鱼叉投得着的距离时,我就把鱼叉投出去。

Go to it, Ned, Commander Farragut replied. Engineer, he called, keep the pressure mounting!

尼德·兰,就这样办吧。舰长答。他又喊:工程师,快加大马力。

Ned Land made his way to his post. The furnaces were urged into greater activity;ourpropeller did forty-three revolutions per minute, and steam shot from the valves.

尼德·兰走上他的岗位。火力尽量加大着,机轮每分钟转四十三转,蒸汽从活塞里跑出。

Heaving the log, we verified that the Abraham Lincoln was going at the rate of 18.5 miles per hour.

把测程器抛下去,测知林肯号这时的速度是每小时十八海里半。

【上一页】 【回目录】 【下一页】

推荐阅读

·纯真年代 ·乡村三日 ·王尔德的诗英文版 ·格列佛游记英文版 ·小妇人英文版 ·少年派的奇幻漂流英文 ·365个英语小故事 ·谁动了我的奶酪英语原文 ·穷爸爸富爸爸 ·羊皮卷英文版
课外书|读后感|话题作文|作文素材|专题作文|单元作文|英语作文|首页