回主页
皮皮阅读 · 海底两万里英文版
目录
位置:主页 > 图书读物 > 世界名著英文版 > 海底两万里英文版 >

6 开足马力(16)

发布时间:2021-07-01 10:12:37

【上一页】 【回目录】 【下一页】

And $500.00 to the man who can pierce that infernal beast!

谁打中这恶魔,给五百美元!

Calm of eye, cool of feature, an old gray-bearded gunner-I can see him to this day-approached the cannon, put it in position, and took aim for a good while.

一位胡子花白的老炮手—他现在仍然活现在我眼前—眼光镇定,面容冷静,走到大炮面前,把炮位摆好,瞄准了很久的时间。

There was a mighty explosion, mingled with cheers from the crew.

轰的一声炮响了,这时船员们的欢呼声混杂在一起。

The shell reached its target; it hit the animal, but not in the usual fashion-it bounced off that rounded surface and vanished into the sea two miles out.

炮弹打中了,正打在动物身上,但是并没有给它致命的打击,而是从它圆圆的身上滑过去落在二海里远的海中。

Oh drat! said the old gunner in his anger. That rascal must be covered with six-inch armor plate!

真怪!老炮手暴跳如雷,说,这混蛋的身上一定有一层六英寸厚的铁甲!

Curse the beast! Commander Farragut shouted.

该死的东西!法拉古舰长喊。

The hunt was on again, and Commander Farragut leaned over to me, saying:

追逐又开始了,法拉古舰长弯身对我说道:

I'll chase that animal till my frigate explodes!

我要一直追到我们的船爆炸为止!

Yes, I replied, and nobody would blame you!

对,您对!我答。

We could still hope that the animal would tire out and not be as insensitive to exhaustionas our steam engines.

人们只指望这动物筋疲力尽,它总不能跟蒸汽机一样,永远不感到疲倦

【上一页】 【回目录】 【下一页】

推荐阅读

·纯真年代 ·乡村三日 ·王尔德的诗英文版 ·格列佛游记英文版 ·小妇人英文版 ·少年派的奇幻漂流英文 ·365个英语小故事 ·谁动了我的奶酪英语原文 ·穷爸爸富爸爸 ·羊皮卷英文版
课外书|读后感|话题作文|作文素材|专题作文|单元作文|英语作文|首页