回主页
皮皮阅读 · 海底两万里英文版
目录
位置:主页 > 图书读物 > 世界名著英文版 > 海底两万里英文版 >

15 一封邀请信(6)

发布时间:2021-06-30 17:03:50

【上一页】 【回目录】 【下一页】

Address away, Professor Aronnax, and if I'm able to answer, I will.

提吧, 阿龙纳斯先生,只要我能答复,我就一定答复。

Well then, captain, how is it that you've severed1 all ties with the shore, yet you own forests on Crespo Island?

那么,船长,既然您跟陆地割断了任何联系,您怎会有森林在克利斯波岛上呢?

Professor, the captain answered me, these forests of mine don't bask2 in the heat and light of the sun.

教授;船长回答,我的森林不需要太,不需要它的光,也不需要它的热。

They aren't frequented by lions, tigers, panthers, or other quadrupeds. They're known only to me.

狮子,老虎,豹子,等等,不管什么四足兽都不能到我的森林中来。

They grow only for me. These forests aren't on land, they're actual underwater forests.

林中的一切东西只为我一个人生长。这不是陆地的森林,而是海底的森林。

Underwater forests! I exclaimed.

海底的森林!我喊道。

Yes, professor.

是的,教授。

And you're offering to take me to them?Precisely3.On foot?步行去吗?

您请我到海底森林中去吗?正是。

Without getting your feet wet.While hunting?

步行去,而且不沾一点海水一面打猎吗?

While hunting.

一面打猎。

Rifles in hand?

手拿着猎吗?

Rifles in hand.

手拿着猎

I stared at the Nautilus's commander with an air anything but flattering to the man.

我两眼盯着诺第留斯号的船长、一点没有露出讨好他的神气。

Assuredly, I said to myself, he's contracted some mental illness. He's had a fit that's lasted eight days and isn't over even yet.

我想,他的脑子一定有病;敢情是最近还发作了一次,拖了八天,现在还没有好呢。

What a shame! I liked him better eccentric than insane!

怪可怜的!但愿他发怪脾气,千万不要发狂才好!

These thoughts were clearly readable on my face; but Captain Nemo remained content withinviting4 me to follow him, and I did so like a man resigned to the worst.

我的脸清楚地透露了我这种想法,但尼摩船长不说:什么,只请我跟着他走俄就像不顾一切地听天由命的人一样跟着他。

We arrived at the dining room, where we found breakfast served.

我们到了饭厅,早餐早就摆好在那里了。

Professor Aronnax, the captain told me, I beg you to share my breakfast without formality. We can chat while we eat.

阿龙纳斯先生,船长对我说,我请您用饭,不要客:气。我们一边吃饭,一边谈话。

Because, although I promised you a stroll in my forests, I made no pledge to arrange for your encountering a restaurant there.

尽管我答应您可以去林中散步,但我并没有向您保证可以在林中碰到一家饭馆。

Accordingly, eat your breakfast like a man who'll probably eat dinner only when it's extremely late.

所以请您尽量吃,就像一个要很迟才能回来吃午饭的人一样地多吃一点。

【上一页】 【回目录】 【下一页】

推荐阅读

·纯真年代 ·乡村三日 ·王尔德的诗英文版 ·格列佛游记英文版 ·小妇人英文版 ·少年派的奇幻漂流英文 ·365个英语小故事 ·谁动了我的奶酪英语原文 ·穷爸爸富爸爸 ·羊皮卷英文版
课外书|读后感|话题作文|作文素材|专题作文|单元作文|英语作文|首页