回主页
皮皮阅读 · 海底两万里英文版
目录
位置:主页 > 图书读物 > 世界名著英文版 > 海底两万里英文版 >

28 惊奇还是意外(10)

发布时间:2021-06-29 09:24:24

【上一页】 【回目录】 【下一页】

Yes, Ned Land repeated, "so long as we get out!"

“是的,”尼德•兰重复道,“只要我们能出去!”

I strolled for a little while from the lounge into the library. My companions kept their seats and didn't move. Soon I threw myself down on a couch and picked up a book, which my eyes skimmed mechanically.

我从客厅到图书室来回地走了一些时候。我的同伴们坐着,一言不发。不久我躺在长沙发上,拿着一本书,两眼机械地看下去。

A quarter of an hour later, Conseil approached me, saying:

一刻钟后,康塞尔走近前来,对我说:

Is it deeply fascinating, this volume master is reading?

“先生看的书很有趣吗?”

Tremendously fascinating, I replied.

“很有趣。"我回答。

I believe it. Master is reading his own book!

“我想是很有趣。先生看的书是先生写的书哩!”

My own book?

“我写的书吗?”

Indeed, my hands were holding my own work on the great ocean depths. I hadn't even suspected. I closed the book and resumed my strolling. Ned and Conseil stood up to leave.

正是,我手中拿着的是那本《海底的神秘》。我真是没有想到呢。我把书合起来,我又来回地走起来了。尼德•兰和康塞尔两人站起来,要走开。

Stay here, my friends, I said, stopping them. "Let's stay together until we're out of this blind alley."

“朋友们,请留下,”我拉住他们说,“我们留在直到我们退出这条走不通的道路。

As master wishes, Conseil replied.

“如您所愿,”康塞尔答道,

The hours passed. I often studied the instruments hanging on the lounge wall. The pressure gauge indicated that the Nautilus stayed at a constant depth of 300 meters, the compass that it kept heading south, the log that it was traveling at a speed of twenty miles per hour, an excessive speed in such a cramped area. But Captain Nemo knew that by this point there was no such thing as too fast, since minutes were now worth centuries.

“几小时过去了,我时常看那挂在客厅墙壁上的机械压力表指出,诺第留 斯号保持在三百米深的一定水层中,罗盘总是指向南,测程器的记录是速度每小时二十海里,在紧窄的水道中来说,这是过快的速度。尼摩船长知道船行不能过快, 但这时候,几分钟简直等于几世纪呢。

At 8:25 a second collision took place. This time astern. I grew pale. My companions came over. I clutched Conseil's hand. Our eyes questioned each other, and more directly than if our thoughts had been translated into words.

八点二十五分,第二次冲捡发生了。这一次是在船后部。我面发白了。我的同伴们走到我身边来。我拉着康塞尔的手。我们面面相觑,拿眼光来代替说话,这比用语言来表示我们的思想,好像更为直接些,

Just then the captain entered the lounge. I went to him.

这个时候,尼摩船长走进厅中来,我迎向前去。

Our path is barred to the south? I asked him.

我问他:“南边的路也堵住了吗?”

Yes, sir. When it overturned, that iceberg closed off every exit.

“是的,先生。冰山翻倒的时候把所有的出口都堵住了。”

We're boxed in? Yes.

“我们是被封锁了吗?”“是的。”

End of chapter 15

第十五完

【上一页】 【回目录】 【下一页】

推荐阅读

·纯真年代 ·乡村三日 ·王尔德的诗英文版 ·格列佛游记英文版 ·小妇人英文版 ·少年派的奇幻漂流英文 ·365个英语小故事 ·谁动了我的奶酪英语原文 ·穷爸爸富爸爸 ·羊皮卷英文版
课外书|读后感|话题作文|作文素材|专题作文|单元作文|英语作文|首页