回主页
皮皮阅读 · 海底两万里英文版
目录
位置:主页 > 图书读物 > 世界名著英文版 > 海底两万里英文版 >

32 海湾暖流(9)

发布时间:2021-06-28 22:17:32

【上一页】 【回目录】 【下一页】

I'll confer with him, Ned.

“我去问问他,尼德。”

When? the Canadian asked insistently.

“什么时候?”加拿大人固执地问。

When I encounter him.

“当我碰到他时。”

Professor Aronnax, would you like me to go find him myself?

“阿龙纳斯先生,您是不是想让我自己去找他?”

No, let me do it. Tomorrow?

“不,让我来。明天?”

Today, Ned Land said.

“今天,”尼德·兰说。

So be it. I'll see him today, I answered the Canadian, who, if he took action himself, would certainly have ruined everything.

“好吧。今天,我去看看他。”我回答加拿大人说。要是他自己去做,那肯定会把事情都弄糟了。

I was left to myself. His request granted, I decided to dispose of it immediately. I like things over and done with.

我一个人呆着。一旦打定主意,我就想马上把事情做完。我宁可速战速决,也不想拖拖拉拉。

I reentered my stateroom. From there I could hear movements inside Captain Nemo's quarters. I couldn't pass up this chance for an encounter. I knocked on his door. I received no reply. I knocked again, then tried the knob. The door opened.

我走进我的房间。在房间里,我听到了尼摩船长房间里有脚步声。不能错过这次找到他的机会。于是我敲敲他的门。但没人应答。我又敲了一下,然后转动门把手,门开了。

I entered. The captain was there. He was bending over his worktable and hadn't heard me. Determined not to leave without questioning him, I drew closer. He looked up sharply, with a frowning brow, and said in a pretty stern tone:

我走进去。船长在里面。他趴在他的工作台上,没听到我的敲门声。我决定不问清楚就不出去,于是我向他走去。船长突然抬起头来,双眉紧蹙,口气相当粗鲁地对我说:

Oh, it's you! What do you want?

“是您在这里!找我干什么?”

To speak with you, captain.

“想跟您谈谈,船长。”

But I'm busy, sir, I'm at work. I give you the freedom to enjoy your privacy, can't I have the same for myself?

“可我正忙着,先生,我在工作。我给了您单独的自由,难道我就不能让我自己单独静一会儿吗?”

This reception was less than encouraging. But I was determined to give as good as I got.

这样的待客真令人泄气。但为了等会儿能一吐为快,我决定先洗耳恭听他说的话。

【上一页】 【回目录】 【下一页】

推荐阅读

·纯真年代 ·乡村三日 ·王尔德的诗英文版 ·格列佛游记英文版 ·小妇人英文版 ·少年派的奇幻漂流英文 ·365个英语小故事 ·谁动了我的奶酪英语原文 ·穷爸爸富爸爸 ·羊皮卷英文版
课外书|读后感|话题作文|作文素材|专题作文|单元作文|英语作文|首页