回主页
皮皮阅读 · 吹小号的天鹅英文版
目录
位置:主页 > 图书读物 > 世界名著英文版 > 吹小号的天鹅英文版 >

22:到蒙大拿去

发布时间:2021-07-01 18:50:20

【上一页】 【回目录】 【下一页】

Chapter 6 Off to Montana 

第六 到蒙大拿去

At the end of the summer, the cob gathered hisfamily around him and made an announcement.

那个夏天快过去的时候,雄天鹅把他的家人招集到一起,发表了一个声明。

"Children," he began, "I have news for you.

“孩子们,”他开始了,“我有个消息要对你们宣布。

Summer is drawing to a close.

夏天就要结束了。

Leaves are turning red, pink, and pale yellow.

树叶在变深红,变浅红,变得暗黄。

Soon the leaves will fall.

树叶不久就会坠落的。

The time has come for us to leave this pond.

该是我们离开这个池塘的时候了。

The time has come for us to go."

到我们该走的时候了。”

"Go?" cried all the cygnets except Louis.

“走?”除路易斯外的所有小天鹅都叫起来。

"Certainly," replied their father.

“当然了,”他们的父亲回答,

"You children are old enough to learn the facts of life, and the principal fact of our life right nowis this:

“你们这些孩子们已经大得能够认识到生活中的事实了,现在摆在我们生活中的首要事实是这个:

we can't stay in this marvelous location much longer."

我们不能再留在这个奇妙的地方了。”

"Why not?" cried all the cygnets except Louis.

“为什么不能?”除路易斯外的所有小天鹅大嚷。

"Because summer is over," said the cob,

“因为夏天过去了,”雄天鹅说,

"and it is the way of swans to leave their nesting site at summer's end and travel south to amilder place where the food supply is good.

“在夏天结束的时候天鹅们就该离开他们造窝的地方,往南旅行到一个食物充足的温暖的地方。

I know that you are all fond of this pretty pond, this marvelous marsh, these reedy shoresand restful retreats.

我知道你们都喜欢这个可的池塘,这个奇妙的沼泽,这个芦苇岸和安静的修养所。

You have found life pleasant and amusing here.

你们已经在这里找到了生活的乐趣。

You have learned to dive and swim underwater.

你们已经学会了潜水和在水下游泳。

You have enjoyed our daily recreational trips when we formed in line, myself in front swimminggracefully, like a locomotive,

你们已经喜欢上了我们每天的消遣远足,那时候我们都排成一行,我在前面像火车头一般优雅地游着,

and your charming mother bringing up the rear, like a caboose.

你们那美貌的像货车守车一般在后面守侯着。

Daylong, you have listened and learned. You have avoided the odious otter and the cruelcoyote.

你们整日地听和学。你们躲开了讨厌的水獭和残忍的郊狼。

You have listened to the little owl that says co-co-co-co.

你们听见了小猫头鹰说库—库—库—库。

You have heard the partridge say kwit-kwit.

你们听见了山鹧鸪说奎— 奎。

At night you have dropped off to sleep to the sound of frogs--the voices of the night.

夜里你们听着蛙声——夜之声——入眠。

But these pleasures and pastimes, these adventures, these games and frolics, these belovedsights and sounds must come to an end.

但是这些娱乐和消遣,这些奇遇,这些游戏和嬉耍,这些你们所的声享受不得不告一段落了。

All things come to an end.

所有的这些都得结束了。

It is time for us to go."

到我们离开的时候了。”

"Where will we go?" cried all the cygnets except Louis.

“我们要去哪儿?”路易斯以外的所有小天鹅都大喊起来,

"Where will we go, ko-hoh, ko-hoh? Where will we go, ko-hoh, ko-hoh?"

“我们要去哪儿,吭—嗬,吭—嗬?我们要去哪儿,吭—嗬,吭—嗬?”

"We will fly south to Montana," replied the cob.

“我们要往南飞到蒙大拿去。”雄天鹅回答。

"What is Montana?" asked all the cygnets except Louis.

“蒙大拿是什么?”路易斯外的所有小天鹅问,

"What is Montana--banana, banana? What is Montana--banana, banana?"

“什么是蒙大拿——香蕉,香蕉吗?什么是蒙大拿——香蕉,香蕉吗?”

【上一页】 【回目录】 【下一页】

推荐阅读

·纯真年代 ·乡村三日 ·王尔德的诗英文版 ·格列佛游记英文版 ·小妇人英文版 ·少年派的奇幻漂流英文 ·365个英语小故事 ·谁动了我的奶酪英语原文 ·穷爸爸富爸爸 ·羊皮卷英文版
课外书|读后感|话题作文|作文素材|专题作文|单元作文|英语作文|首页