回主页
皮皮阅读 · 吹小号的天鹅英文版
目录
位置:主页 > 图书读物 > 世界名著英文版 > 吹小号的天鹅英文版 >

65:里兹一夜

发布时间:2021-07-01 18:11:43

【上一页】 【回目录】 【下一页】

Chapter 15 A Night at the Ritz

第十五 里兹一

When the desk clerk at the Ritz Hotel saw theBoatman enter the lobby followed by an enormoussnow-white swan with a black beak,

当里兹饭店的服务员看到这个领着一只黑嘴的雪白大天鹅走进大厅的游艇老板时,

the clerk didn't like it at all.

心里十分不乐意。

The clerk was a carefully-dressed man--very neat, hishair nicely combed.

这个服务员显然是一个经过心打扮的男人--穿得很齐整,头发梳得锃亮。

The Boatman stepped boldly up to the desk.

游艇老板大模大样地走到了服务台前。

"I'd like a single room for tonight for my friend here," said the Boatman.

“我今晚要给我的朋友在这儿开一间单人房,”游艇老板说。

The clerk shook his head. "No birds," he said. "The Ritz doesn't take birds."

那个服务员摇摇头。“鸟可不行,”他说,“里兹是不接待鸟类的。”

"You take celebrities, don't you?" asked the Boatman.

“你们接待名人,对吧?”游艇老板问。

"Certainly," replied the clerk.

“那当然。”服务员回答。

"You'd take Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor, wouldn't you, if they wanted to spend thenight?"

“你们接待理查德·伯顿和伊莉莎白·泰勒,对不对,如果他们想在此过夜的话?”

"Of course," replied the clerk.

“当然。”这个服务员回答。

"You'd take Queen Elizabeth, wouldn't you?"

“你们接待伊莉莎白女王,对吗?”

"Of course."

“当然了。”

"O.k.," said the Boatman. "My friend here is a celebrity.

“OK,”游艇老板说,“我这位朋友就是个名人。

He is a famous musician. He created a sensation in the Public Garden this afternoon.

他是一个著名的音乐家。他今天下午在大众公园引起了一场轰动。

You must have heard the commotion. He's a Trumpeter Swan and plays like the greatArmstrong."

你想必也有所耳闻吧。他是一只号手天鹅,吹得和伟大的阿姆斯特朗一样好。”

The clerk gazed suspiciously at Louis. "Has he any luggage?" asked the clerk.

这个服务员吃惊地注视着路易斯。“他有行李吗?”这个服务员问。

"Luggage?" cried the Boatman. "Take a look at him! Look at the stuff he's got with him!"

“行李?”游艇老板叫起来。“看看他吧!看他带的那些东西!”

"Well, I don't know," said the clerk, staring at Louis's possessions

“哦,我还不知道呢,”服务员说着,盯向路易斯的那些东西

his trumpet, his moneybag, his slate, his chalk pencil, his lifesaving medal.

他的小号,他的钱袋,他的石板,他的石笔,他的救生奖章。

"A bird is a bird. How do I know he hasn't got lice?

“鸟到底是鸟嘛。我怎么知道他没长虱子?

Birds often have lice. The Ritz won't take anybody that has lice."

鸟身上经常生虱子。里兹可不会接待任何一个生虱子的客人。”

"Lice?" roared the Boatman. "Did you ever see a cleaner guest in your whole life? Look at him!He's immaculate."

“虱子?”游艇老板吼起来,“你这辈子见过一位这么干净的客人吗?看看他!他简直是纯洁无瑕。”

At this, Louis held his slate up to the clerk. "No lice," he wrote.

这时,路易斯把他的石板举到那个服务员的面前。“没有虱子。”他写道。

The clerk stared in amazement. He was beginning to weaken.

这个服务员惊讶地盯着石板。他开始松口了。

"Well, I have to be careful," he said to the Boatman.

“好吧,可我还是谨慎一些为好,”他对游艇老板说,

"You say he's a celebrity. How do I know he's famous. You may be just kidding me about that."

“你说他是一个名人。可我怎么知道他是名人呢。可能你不过想拿我寻开心而已。”

【上一页】 【回目录】 【下一页】

推荐阅读

·纯真年代 ·乡村三日 ·王尔德的诗英文版 ·格列佛游记英文版 ·小妇人英文版 ·少年派的奇幻漂流英文 ·365个英语小故事 ·谁动了我的奶酪英语原文 ·穷爸爸富爸爸 ·羊皮卷英文版
课外书|读后感|话题作文|作文素材|专题作文|单元作文|英语作文|首页